Around 2:30 I received a call from daycare that Cael had a temperature of 101.4. They informed me that in addition to his temperature, he had slept for three hours only to be pulled out of his crib and to fall asleep on the floor. I called Ryan and we decided I would be able to get out of work the soonest to go pick him up. First, however, a kudos to the people I work with and the company I work for because they are wonderful about these types of situations. I am never made to feel guilty and am repeatedly told that Cael comes first and that work will wait. I got to the daycare and Cael was asleep again! I loaded him up into the car and we headed home. Once there he wanted to be held and would lay his little head on my shoulder and just take everything in with those big blue eyes. I have to admit that while I hate that he isn't feeling well, I LOVE when he cuddles with me, which of course he only does when he is in need of a little TLC. He was still warm to the touch so I gave him a dose of Motrin and waited for it to take effect. I sat down on the couch with him sprawled across my chest and he fell asleep. After about 20 minutes, he abruptly sat up and started hitting my arm and then proceeded to play with the remote controls. He was laughing and playing and was back to his normal self. Thank God for Motrin!!! It is somewhat comforting to know that although teething is a natural part of growing up, he doesn't have to endure as much pain as he would if it were not for the miracle of modern medicine.
*I wanted to get pictures, but decided against it as I didn't want to disrupt him!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Tales of teething
Posted by Jori at 9/30/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I love that you admit to enjoying the opportunity for cuddling. I remember feeling exactly the same way when Noah wasn't feeling well. I hated that he was sick, but I loved Loved LOVED that he'd sit and cuddle with me. It was almost worth it just for that!
Poor baby!! I feel your pain and absolutely agree with you--Motrin is a Godsend!! I know...it's a little bittersweet when they don't feel good, because they are prompted to cuddle and make us feel like we are the only thing in the world that makes them feel better!!! Miss you!!
Post a Comment