Now that Cael is crawling, we have moved forward with converting our formal dining room into a play area so that we feel safe leaving him unattended for short periods of time. The outlets are covered and the only thing in there are his toys, which makes it convenient when cooking dinner or trying to tidy up and we don't have to worry about what sort of trouble he is getting himself into. It is kind of funny because I always swore we wouldn't be one of those couples that had a house that screamed 'we have children'. Regardless, I think we have done a fairly good job of keeping the 'explosion' to a minimum, but it is hard to ignore this giant play area in a room that is meant for formal dinners and large family gatherings. However, Ryan and I have no need for a formal dining room (or living room for that matter) at this time so we opted to put up a gate separating the two rooms to create a temporary (we hope) play room for Cael. So far he is doing really well and occupies himself with all of his toys. He is such a good boy and there are times I feel bad seeing him playing so contently all by himself. Guess that just means we will have to give him a playmate sometime soon!!!
Sunday, September 28, 2008
The 'playroom'
Posted by Jori at 9/28/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Lucky little guy! What a great room for him to have fun in! Looks like he enjoys the views too! House looks gorgeous! Would love to see more photos of your home sometime. I love getting ideas! :-)Hubby and I are going to "look" at some homes in CO when we are there in Dec! You know, for the future!
I like the idea of giving him a playmate. :)
The room looks great... good job at giving your kid some priority. ;)
Yah! He is so cute!! I love that you are a mom! Are you still working or are you a stay at home mom? I love your house! You guys look really happy in Denver! Next time you are in Utah we will have to get together!
I Love the picture of him looking out the window. You just have to wonder what he is thinking about and what his looking at!! Just the thought of that makes me smile. What a content, happy little boy. You are so blessed!
No babies until after I get married! :) Just kidding. Do what you want. I will find a dress for you. :)
Post a Comment