Cael is also developing quite a personality and judging by some of his latest antics, Ryan and I are going to have a terror on our hands in a couple of months (if not sooner). We are trying to teach him to crawl so we will surround him with toys that are just out of his reach. Well instead of taking it as a challenge, he just gets upset and cries and screams until one of us gets him the toy. Either that or he ends up on his stomach and just rolls to wherever the nearest toy is (who needs to crawl when you can roll). You might be reading this post and thinking to yourself ‘he isn’t going to learn if you keep giving him whatever he wants because he screams or cries’ and to those who have that thought, I urge you to try to withstand the screaming and hysterics of this 10 month old. Not only that, but it isn’t worth it to me to listen to him scream and cry when I know he will crawl when he is good and ready. He has also developed a habit of ‘hitting’ or ‘slapping’ people. I hope it doesn’t translate into actual hitting and slapping as he gets older (I don’t think right now he knows that what he is doing is not very nice or that he means any harm), but it is still painful to watch and endure. We are trying to reprimand him using a variety of different approaches, but he seems to think it is a game and doesn’t appear to get the point. If we get too stern, he just stares at us with this stunned expression on his face and starts to cry so we have to be careful. However, when he is 2 years old, I don’t want him to think that hitting, biting or slapping are acceptable!! The trials and tribulations of being a parent – and it has only just begun!!!!
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment