Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cael's first Colorado Rockies game

Thanks to our good friend Don, we scored four tickets to the Rockies (versus the Arizona Cardinals) baseball game on Saturday night. The game started at 6 so we weren't sure how it was going to work with Cael since he usually gets his bottle and goes to bed around 8, but we figured going for a little bit was better than not going at all. Not to mention, Ed really wanted to see Coors Field and it would be Cael's (and Mommy's) first Rockies game. The seats were AMAZING. We were like four rows behind home plate and when you are that close to all the action it definitely makes a difference in the experience!! We were actually walking to our seats when I happened to glance up at the big screen above the scoreboard and noticed that the camera was on Ryan as he carried Cael down the stairs in the Baby Bjorn (it happened so fast I didn't get a chance to get a picture)!! It was awesome!!! We ended up leaving after the 6th inning, which was disappointing to everyone (even Barb and I), but Cael was getting fussy and had been such a great baby that I didn't want to push our luck. The gorgeous weather combined with the wonderful seats made for a perfect evening!!! Thanks again to Don for the tickets!!!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

How fun!!! I've been to a Rockies game at Coors Stadium once. It wasn't quite that exciting. I was in Denver on a trip with a girlfriend who is a huge sports fan. I went for her... it was the middle of a Sunday and HOT HOT HOT. I spent most of the time up in the shade leaving her to watch the boring game. Poor thing... an evening would be so much better! I'm glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

I love that stadium! We had about the same seats when we went. You are right: it makes all the difference! How fun. Pretty soon, Cael will be old enough to be asking to go to the game every weekend. :)

Kyli said...

That is so cool you took Cael to a game!! I love the pics and the fact that Cael and Ry were displayed on the big screen is awesome! He's obviously going to be a sports nut like his dad (and mom) :-)