Monday, September 1, 2008

Park City Trip - Day 2 (Kristin and Noah)

Friday was the day Ryan and I had designated to take Cael down to the Wells Fargo building to introduce him to the people we worked with while living in Salt Lake (didn't get any pictures with anyone at Wells and I wish I would have). We spent a couple of hours showing him off and catching up with everyone. It was great to reconnect! After that Ryan went to lunch with a buddy of his (TJ) and I took Cael over to my good friend Kristin's house to see her and her son, Noah. Noah will be two in October (Kristin is also VERY pregnant with their second son) and it was fascinating to watch Cael and Noah interact (or make the attempt to interact since neither of them really knew what to make of the other). Unfortunately, Kristin and I didn't get a chance to catch up given we were too busy trying to keep up with the 'boys' (guess we will have to make another trip out soon)! Regardless of not doing nearly as much catching up as both of would have liked, it was great to see the two of them and to talk even if only for a little bit.
*As a little background, Kristin and I first met on the 6th floor of the Wells Fargo building and became almost instant friends (thanks to her asking me if I wanted to go to lunch). She left Wells after Noah was born in October of 2006 and we have remained good friends ever since. There are definitely moments (more like whole days) where I don't know how I could have survived without her!!! I miss her a lot (of course you never realize how much until you move away) and it was great to see her (and Noah). This was also her first time meeting Cael as I was pregnant when we moved to Denver.

1 comments:

Kristin said...

SO glad you guys got to come visit. Sorry I wasn't the best hostess. Next time I won't be pregnant (let's home next time isn't that far away) and maybe I'll be a little more pleasant. Cael is such a cutie... I'm so glad I got to meet him FINALLY! :)