My nicknames for Cael have varied in the short 10.5 months since he was born ranging from sweet to silly (button, tank, Caelster, Cael-bop), but lately I have been referring to him as 'Brutus' simply because he doesn't merely play with his toys or explore them gently. Instead he bangs them on the ground, topples them over and throws them across the room in what I am assuming is considered true 'boy' behavior, but nonetheless is not quite the type of conduct you would expect from a 10.5 month old (or at least not what I would expect). I suppose it is all a part of the exploration process, but regardless, it's still pretty amusing to me to watch as he 'explores' his way through all of the toys we have set out for him and even some we haven't (TV remote, chairs, sharp corners). Not to mention, his facial expressions are priceless! It is all so new and he gets a kick out of everything, but mostly from getting a reaction out of Mommy and Daddy and suffice it to say, we don't disappoint when it comes to providing those reactions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
LOL... watch out, it only gets worse. ;) Just wait until something breaks (actually we haven't really had anything break unfixable). I like the nicknames. I've never been much with nicknames. My boys are pretty much their name or "buddy". Pretty boring huh!?!
I love this age... so much wonder and excitement at the world. you can't help but just surrender yourself to them and know that your house will never be as cool as you want it to be... well until they go to college or something maybe!
Post a Comment