As I mentioned in a previous post, Cael has been sick with a viral infection, which means keeping him out of daycare until he is no longer contagious. Ryan and I usually alternate taking time off from work to take care of him and Thursday was my day to stay at home (Ryan stayed home with him on Friday, but did not take any pictures for the blog nor did he probably even think about it) and to make sure that Cael got all of the TLC that he needed, which was a lot considering he was not feeling well at all!!! He needed me to be holding him at all times (or at the very least within arms reach) otherwise he would dissolve into a fit of tears. At first I found it very endearing (and still do), but it is hard to go to the bathroom while carrying 25 lbs of sick toddler (and yes, at times it was that bad)! However, we made the best of our 'sick day' and had fun hanging out, just the two of us. We played in the playroom, explored the kitchen and had fun taking goofy pictures. I had decided not to work from home and even though it stinks that I had to take a day of PTO, it was great because I was able to dedicate my full attention to Cael and we had so much fun despite the fact that he wasn't feeling well.
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Sick day
Posted by Jori at 10/04/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Poor guy! in that first picture his eyes look so heavy. I just want to give him hugs and kisses, but I am sure you have that covered for me! :)
I'm glad you got some good quality time with Cael... it gives me some perspective and makes me think I should make my time with Noah a little more "quality" too.
Post a Comment