I hosted a baby shower for a good friend of mine at our house on Saturday night and decorations for the party included balloons. When I brought them home from the store, Cael immediately showed an interest and when put on the floor crawled right over to them in order to explore. I let him play with them for a little bit, but was focused on getting the house ready for the party and did not take the time to indulge his curiosity. However, after everyone left, Ryan and I had a great time introducing Cael to the concept of balloons. He LOVES them!!! Who needs fancy toys, when there are balloons and party beads to play with. He got a hold of a couple that Ryan and I were convinced were going to pop. Cael gives it his all using teeth and anything else he can think of, but thank goodness he has not popped one (yet)! He watches them in awe as they float around the kitchen and laughs and grunts (including squeezing my midsection with his legs) in his excitement to play with them. At times he would grab the string and punch the balloon over and over again until he lost interest and let go. He would chase them, hit them, bite them and squeeze them and we loved watching him. Ryan and I have decided to just buy him balloons for his birthday!!! It will be entertaining for Ryan and I and for Cael... we all win!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Balloons!!!!!!
Posted by Jori at 10/13/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Looks like he has found a new toy:) Isn't it funny how they would rather play with the things that you "don't" buy for them as play toys.
Very cute! Gotta' love balloons!
Post a Comment