Monday, October 27, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane.....

I am leaving for Phoenix this afternoon for training for work and will be gone until Thursday. I don't think I realized how much I am going to miss Cael (and Ryan) until right now. Thankfully, unlike the song, I do know when I'll be back again. I want to bundle them up in my suitcase and take them with me, but at the same time, I am looking forward to being able to concentrate on learning my new job responsibilities (I started a new position with Wells Fargo - I will continue working with the same people, the same group and in the same office building, but just in a difference context/role) and taking advantage of the 'team building' activities that will happen once we leave the classroom (i.e. going out to dinner and enjoying a couple glasses of wine with my peers). I feel so guilty about looking forward to this tiny pleasure knowing that Ryan will be here with Cael by himself shouldering the responsibilities that are normally split between the two of us. Part of that comes from the fact that Cael isn't feeling well and so he has been a little more difficult in terms of temperament and getting him to go to and stay asleep. I know he will be fine and that it will give them some much needed bonding time (without Mommy around to 'supervise'), but it still bothers me. Luckily for me, Ryan is a wonderful dad and I feel completely comfortable leaving Cael in his (more than) capable hands. I will miss you both!!!!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow! Have fun! I'm jealous and yet, not. LOL... you're going to miss that boy more than you expect. It's funny how much we want a break and how little we can handle it. Have a good time and enjoy your small break!

Heather said...

Try and have fun and don't worry about Cael abd Ryan. They will be just fine (even though i know they will miss you like crazy). You deserve some time to further your career so focus on that. Hope you and Kel have a good time too:) Miss you,
Heather