I miss Omaha. In case you haven't figured it out this weekend has been a rough one with Cael and I am really missing the comforts of home. No, the weather isn't that great and no the city doesn't have that much to offer in terms of scenery, but we grew up there, our roots are there and you don't realize how much you miss family and friends until you move away. I just wish that we had the option to ask family or friends to come over and watch Cael so Ryan and I could take a break. I don't even care anymore if this post makes me sound weak or pathetic. I hit rock bottom. I am lonely and tired and feeling extremely overwhelmed.... and the sad part is that he wasn't even that bad. It was just one of those weekends where he needed extra attention and I needed for it to not be one of those weekends. I am homesick right now and I honestly don't know how we do it all by ourselves. It isn't even that I need time away from him, I just need someone to help even everything out. Not that this does me (us) any good. No pity parties here, (well......maybe a small one). I will wake up tomorrow and life will go on because it's a new day and things are sure to look better.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Oh boy Jori, can I relate! It's funny how when I lived in Omaha I was always thinking of where else I wanted to live, where else would be new and exciting, blah blah. Then I move across the world to Australia, thinking "it'll be WAY better than Omaha" and the reality hit me... I really liked Omaha. Omaha is SUCH a great city to raise a family. Like you, it's close to my friends and it's familiar since it's where I "grew up". I would move back there in a heartbeat, though hubby loves it here. I can relate on that level, more than you know! Although I don't have kids yet, I struggle with homesickness regularly. How much I give to have my mom come over for Sunday dinner or my old friends pop over for a football game. Kids will only compound that in my future. I know this comment doesn't offer much "help" or "support" but I hope you at least know that other people understand and can relate. Any time you want to host a pity party, I'll gladly attend because I often throw one myself! So, now smile and give that little guy a hug and know that it WILL get better! :-)
Girl! that is EXACTLY how I felt when I was living in KC! It was so hard, and you just want the comforts of home. I got lost on my way to Target one day and just started sobbing in my car. I was so frustrated because it was not "my" target and how can I get lost doing the simple task of just going to target???!! Make sure to call your friends when you are sad and call your mom. good thing is, you live close enough that people can come visit. You could live in a place that is really hard to get to! Love you
So sorry! I don't know what else to say. I feel for you!
i don't know how I missed this post. I'm sorry that you had such a rough weekend. You know I am just a phone call away whenever you need to talk, cry, vent, whatever! I'm sure it can be tough sometimes, but utilize people like your neighbor when you need a "break". You are a fantastic Mom and are entitled to some "me" time. That only makes you normal- nothing else. I'm sure everything is better already. You will be here in Omaha soon so keep your head up and I can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment