Cael is almost to the point where he is exclusively eating table food and hardly anything out of a jar. We have started eating dinner at the table like a family as opposed to sitting in front of the TV scarfing down our meal while trying to keep Cael occupied so he doesn't face plant into our coffee table. It is fun (for me anyway) to create a meal, then fret over whether or not it is well rounded and nutritious enough and then to sit down together as a family to eat. For the most part, he puts all of the food in his mouth, but sometimes a piece will fall from his hand onto the floor and Dodge and Potter (mainly Dodge) will gulp it down. He definitely creates a mess, but it is worth it to see him acting like a 'big boy'. I can't tell you the joy it brings me to see him sitting in his high chair and putting the food in his mouth. He smiles and often times claps as though he is applauding himself for getting it right. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it has been one of the highlights for me watching him move into this phase. I LOVE IT!!!


Thursday, October 9, 2008
Dinner time
Posted by Jori at 10/09/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I wish I found joy in coming up with a meal that is well rounded. I'm lucky if I come up with a meal. I hate that because nutrition is important to me. I guess not important enough though. Way to go! I'm glad you're enjoying this stage!
OMG I love this new layout!! I know I've said it a hundred times, and I'll say it a hundred more.. HE'S SO CUTE!!
YEAH Cael is getting to be such a big boy. It's so fun that I just say all that in person. Makes it fun for me! Give him a kiss for me from Auntie Heather
Post a Comment