The night started off just like any other, which consists of Ryan and I doing our best to entertain Cael until it is time for bed. We tried teaching him to clap, we let him play with tupperware and mixing spoons. Finally, after Ryan gave him a good night kiss, I took him upstairs to feed him, read him a story and put him to bed. After consuming about 6 to 7 oz of milk, Cael decided he was no longer interested so I changed his diaper and attempted to give him the bottle again (at the bed time feeding he usually takes in anywhere from 10-15 oz of food). He kept pushing it away until finally (after holding down both his arms) I was able to get the bottle in his mouth and have him start eating again. I noticed that his one little hand was holding the bottle so I put his other hand up to the bottle and our little baby boy held his bottle for the first time!!!! He even pulled it out of his mouth and was able to put it back in. He fed himself the remainder of the bottle. I called Ryan upstairs so that he could see the newest milestone. We have seen Cael hold his bottle before, but usually only for a few seconds and never where he is able to put it back into his mouth after pulling it out. I have to admit I am not sure how I feel about this newest discovery. I know at some point he has to grow up, I guess I am just not sure I am ready for it to be right now!!! Guess Cael is going to grow up with or without my approval (better get used to it)!
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Ah! Enjoy the cute little milestones. They come whether we like it or not. :)
You'll love my friends latest post... Go to my blog and link to Jeremy and Sonja from my sidebar. She's amazing!
Post a Comment