Thursday, July 31, 2008

Clap on, clap off..... the CLAPPER!

A few days ago, we started trying to teach Cael how to clap. He seemed to grasp the concept right away, but didn't understand that we wanted him to mimic us when we clapped. One of us would clap and then 2 minutes later, Cael would start clapping..... a delayed response of sorts.
His expression when I ask him to clap for mommy!
.....and then he started clapping!! (time elapsed: 60 seconds)
Either way, it was fun watching his excitement manifest itself with laughing and exaggerated gestures. The best part was when you clapped his hands for him in an effort to teach him what to do, he thought it was the greatest thing EVER and would just sit there with this goofy look on his face and let you clap his hands. Needless to say, he has become a big fan of 'patty cake'! He still hasn't caught onto the idea of clapping when someone asks him to, but will just do it on his own (has to be HIS idea). I was driving home from work last night and he was giggling at himself in the mirror (ADORABLE and HILARIOUS) when all of a sudden he started clapping. I soooo badly wanted to pull over, take a picture (or 100) and give him the biggest hug because it was just so darn cute. My little boy in the backseat laughing at his reflection and clapping!!! *Sigh*

2 comments:

Kristin said...

That's awesome! I love that you're blogging so you have all of this recorded in more than two words (like on my calendar, "Noah clapped"). WAY cute!

Kyli said...

I love this! He is so cute. You're right he got his auntie and bapa's curly hair!