My dad and Kim flew into Denver this past weekend to see the house and spend some time with Cael. It was a short trip for both of them, but fun nonetheless. We went to dinner at Ted's Montana Grill and Cael sat on Bapa's lap and helped him with his menu selection (in addition to grabbing at everything on the table including Kim's salad). We hung out around the house for the most part and it was so endearing to see my dad interact with Cael. It is hard to explain, but it melted my heart seeing my dad turn into this big old softie around his grandson!
I can't wait to see how their relationship develops as Cael gets older. My dad is a big outdoorsman and I can just picture Cael, my dad and Ryan going on their first hunt, pack trip or fishing expedition together. Not to mention, Cael learning how to saddle/ride a horse, shoot skeet and master an ATV (NO dirt bikes!!).
There are fun times ahead that is for sure!!!!
**Just as a little background info, my sister and I called our grandfather (dad's dad) Bapa since neither one of us could say Grandpa when we were younger. When the topic came up about what my dad wanted to be called, he decided to continue the tradition**
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Bapa and Kim's visit to Denver
Posted by Jori at 7/01/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Those are great pictures. I don't think I've seen any of your dad before (at least I don't remember). I love seeing my dad get down with Noah too... it's nice to see the soft side come out. Kinda' funny that you call him Bapa... that is how Noah pronounces Grandpa. Grandma used to be Bama, but once he started calling me Mommy instead of Mama he switched to Mama for Grandma. Pretty interesting!
Post a Comment