Sunday, July 27, 2008

DeQuervain's Tenosynovitis - WHAT?

I went to the doctor on Friday and it seems as though our dear boy has given his mother a severe case of tendonitis (inflammation of the tendon in my left wrist from supporting his weight)!!! WOOHOO!! The PA (Physicians Assistant) told me that this 'type' is very common in mom's of young children. She suggested I buy a brace and start taking regular doses of ibuprofen! The part I found amusing is when I told her that Cael was 23 pounds and 8 months old she reeled in shock telling me her son was almost two and wasn't even 23 pounds yet. Throughout the entire appointment she kept asking me what I was feeding him!! It was pretty funny. Although I am here to tell you that after being in this brace for two days, it isn't nearly as amusing!

1 comments:

Kristin said...

You are way behind on commenting on my blog. ;)

My friend's baby just had his 6 month appt. and he is 26 lbs... reel at that. LOL. Her blog is on my sidebar... Kelly and Travis. There are pics of her boy getting his first solids and you'll see why he weighs so much... that kid is a chunk!