A few weeks ago, Ryan and I bought some wall letters for Cael's room at Joann's. They are HUGE and made out of paper mache. The idea was to paint them using the same paint colors as in the nursery and then hang them above the crib!
I was so excited about my new project and immediately took everything down to the basement to get started. It quickly became apparent that this was going to take longer than I had anticipated given the letters needed two coats, I only had two paint brushes and I would have to wait for the front of the letter to dry before I could flip it over and paint the back. I was pretty bummed out. I just get so excited about my projects.... well, that and I have no patience. I painted a letter and then came upstairs to let it dry. A few hours later, I convinced Ryan to come downstairs with me to keep my company while I painted. We were downstairs for only a few minutes before Ryan disappeared and I figured he had escaped to the living room to play video games. He showed up about 10 minutes later with scissors, some string and four hooks. He ran the string over some wires in the ceiling and used the hook to suspend the letter from the string. My dilemma was solved. This way I could paint the whole letter thereby cutting my prep time in half. I was elated. I love that the last thing Ryan wanted to be doing on a Sunday night was watching me paint, but he loves making me happy (and he's a guy - problem solving 101) so he set about to make things easier for me. I was so touched (and still am). I told everyone at work about what he did because I felt it deserved special mention!!! I married the most wonderful man and I don't know what I would do without him!
I am attaching a couple of pictures of the letters and yes, I will attach pictures of the nursery once the letters are on the wall!!
I am attaching a couple of pictures of the letters and yes, I will attach pictures of the nursery once the letters are on the wall!!
My trusty side kick demonstrating how big the letters are!
YAY, we are happy to be having our picture taken... AGAIN
Hey, wait a second.......



1 comments:
WOW! Those are big! The pic with Cael is more telling for me. I'm so glad you took them. WAY cute!
Post a Comment