Friday, August 15, 2008

Playing 'catch'

We were trying to occupy Cael for the last thirty minutes before bedtime (if we put him down too early he is up at like 3:00, but if we put him down too late, he gets overly tired) so I was gently kicking a ball to him and once it got out of reach I would retrieve it and roll it back - our version of playing 'catch'. Potter, our yellow lab, is fascinated with anything he can pick up in his mouth and carry around (sort of like a doggy pacifier) and as a Lab he has a particular fondness for toy balls. Both Cael and Potter were following the movements of the mini basketball with careful precision and then it rolled out of both of their comfort zones (Potter is afraid of the wood floor and Cael isn't mobile). The expressions on both of their faces was priceless!!!


4 comments:

Kristin said...

That's awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

Too Cute:) I love that Potter and Dodge are soo good with Cael. It's the sweetest thing ever.Miss you!!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! I love this!!! Very cute :-)

Kyli said...

OMG this is hilarious!! So cute. Potter's face is perfect. I think him and Cael will be great friends!!