Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Update - 9 months

Cael had his nine month appointment today and I wanted to give everyone his latest stats as well as an overall update on his progress.

Weight: 24 lbs
Height: 29 3/4 inches
Head Circumference: 46.8 cm

He is in the 90th percentile for height and head circumference and the 93rd percentile for weight (no surprise there). We can now start him on soft table food (waffles, pancakes, bread, etc.) and can start giving him a sippy cup. The doctor did say he was behind as far as his motor skills (crawling), but that she was not worried in the least. They did discuss his size and whether or not that was playing a role and she thought it could have something to do with the fact that he hadn't crawled yet. I am not worried at this point (or at least not anymore) and figure Cael will crawl when he is ready and not one second sooner! I am having a harder time (now) getting over the fact that my baby is turning into a little boy. I have to admit, I almost started crying when Ryan told me he was ready for table food. I am excited at what it all means and the surprises that are just around the corner, but at the same time I didn't expect him to grow up quite so fast.

Cael also has another ear infection. I took him into the doctor yesterday morning and she prescribed antibiotic (again). He is fighting a virus and working on a couple of teeth so it all appears to be related. I asked about tubes in his ears since this is his 6th or 7th infection, but she said given there has been a significant amount of time between the last infection and this one, she is not quick to jump the gun. UGH! I just want to be done with these stupid ear infections. He is in so much pain and it is angonizing not being able to do anything other than give him Motrin and wait for the antibiotic to take effect - IF it even takes effect at all.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Table food! that is nuts! he is growing up so fast! But think of all the fun pictures you can get now!! spaghetti everywhere, syrup everywhere. Look out!!