I love that you are so happy. I love when you study some one's face that you are meeting for the first time, first with your eyes and then your hands and then you break out in the biggest grin and start flapping your arms in excitement. I love that you start babbling the minute I walk in the door to pick you up from daycare and that if I don't hold you right away, you start to cry. I love your big blue eyes and that sometimes when you look at me it feels like you are really trying to understand what it is that I am saying to you. I love your curly hair and what it looks like after a bath or especially after you have been painting. I love your wet, sloppy baby kisses and how it feels like you are actually trying to eat my face. I love listening to you laugh and watching you follow me across a room! I love that you will entertain yourself so that I can cook dinner, get a few minutes of much needed "me" time or play around on the Internet. I love that you will simultaneously cry and laugh like you just can't make up your mind about your mood and I love that more often than not laughter wins! I love watching you process new discoveries and I love the expressions on your face as you try to figure out what it all means. I love the way you giggle when you see the dogs and the way your face lights up when you see me. I love waking up in the morning to the sound of you 'talking' to yourself and how you can barely contain your excitement when you realize we are finally up and ready to start the day. I love that when you aren't feeling well and it is 2:00 in the morning, you will fall asleep on my chest, but scream the minute I try to lay you in the crib. I love that you love to be startled because I always expect it to scare you and make you cry. I love that you get so frustrated with not being able to crawl, but that you never give up. I love that you look like Daddy, but have my eyes. I love that you are turning into a little boy - our little boy - but hate that it is happening too fast and that there is nothing I can do about it. I love the simple wonderment and creation of who you are and who you will become. I love that I want to remember everything about every minute of every day of your life because I know that only too soon I will forget as these memories are replaced with new ones. I love YOU!
Love, Mommy
Friday, August 1, 2008
Dear Cael,
Posted by Jori at 8/01/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Very tender! I really need to write this kind of stuff down too.
That is SO sweet, Jor. It's cool to read it, thinking of Cael reading it one day, too. Do you remember that journal mom had for us, where she wrote to us in it? I don't remember most of it, but I do remember her saying I 'was always ready for a hug'. Anyway, I thought it was really neat to read that and I think Cael will think the same thing one day.
This is the sweetest thing I have ever read. You have always been a women of words and this is NO exception. I can't wait to share this love that you experience with your son as our joins the world. I only wish we could be closer to experience the joy of our sons growing up together. Love and Miss you. Heather
Wow! I have tears in my eyes right now!! Jori-this is awesome! I love this blog and I think it is a great idea to update others and to keep a journal of what is going on...I am sure Cael will love reading it as he gets older and you will love reading and rereading it!! I will have to keep this in mind for when Seth and I have kids :-)
Post a Comment