We did things a little backwards when it came to decorating Cael's room because we were living in the apartment when he was born and I couldn't really put my heart into
decorating the nursery like most women do prior to giving birth since everything was so temporary. We had a hard time coming up with how to decorate even from the very beginning (every mom wants it to be perfect). We agreed that sports and puppies (or animals) would be the theme, but that the bedding would be simple! My mom came into town for
two weeks (for Ryan's surprise 30th birthday party) and painted the room for us. We opted to go with five different colors (periwinkle, light blue, light green, orange and red) for the five walls in the room. I have to admit I was apprehensive about how it would turn out (not because of the fact that my mom was painting, but because of the color selection - I am notorious for my painting mishaps). Needless to say, it turned out PERFECT!!! And so, here we are almost nine months later and starting to put the finishing touches on Cael's room. It is still a work in progress, but here are some pictures!!!
decorating the nursery like most women do prior to giving birth since everything was so temporary. We had a hard time coming up with how to decorate even from the very beginning (every mom wants it to be perfect). We agreed that sports and puppies (or animals) would be the theme, but that the bedding would be simple! My mom came into town for
two weeks (for Ryan's surprise 30th birthday party) and painted the room for us. We opted to go with five different colors (periwinkle, light blue, light green, orange and red) for the five walls in the room. I have to admit I was apprehensive about how it would turn out (not because of the fact that my mom was painting, but because of the color selection - I am notorious for my painting mishaps). Needless to say, it turned out PERFECT!!! And so, here we are almost nine months later and starting to put the finishing touches on Cael's room. It is still a work in progress, but here are some pictures!!! The infamous letters!



4 comments:
YAY!!! I LOVE that the nursery is done! It looks FANTASTIC! I love all the colors, great idea!!! :-) Can't wait to see it in person. Love you guys!
It looks fabulous! I'm so jealous that you are actually done... LOL... my kid is almost 2 and we never did really DO the nursery. Now we have a new baby to do it for. If we could just come up with a name maybe I'd make some progress. Oh well!
Anyway, WAY cute... and way to go at getting it done.
I love the room! It is just perfect. All the colors, etc just work together. I have always thought about doing the letter thing, but never that big. when I see it now, it looks fabulous! I think it is a perfect room for a little boy.
"CAEL" looks great on the wall above his bed!! It's the perfect touch to "his" room.
Love the idea of a wall with Cael's personal cretivities!!! Can't wait to see your next masterpiece!!!
We love you, G & G Z
Post a Comment