Saturday, January 3, 2009

Fetch with Potter

I was playing around on the computer enjoying a little bit of down time since Cael seemed to be doing a great job of entertaining himself. All of a sudden I realized that he was playing fetch with Potter and Potter was actually fetching it for him. I don't think Potter wanted to give Cael the ball, but he never wants to give it to Ryan and I when we play either. I had to stop what I was doing to capture the moment. Cael would throw it, Potter would retrieve it and then try to keep it from Cael. Cael would get the ball away from him and the process would start all over again!! It was both adorable and amazing. I guess there is just something about watching him interact with his puppies that gets me every time. On a side note, we have a dog calendar in our pantry and every time we walk by it, Cael will point and make a sound. He understands a variety of things we say but, this is the first time we feel like he understands the concept as opposed to 'communicating' just to get something he wants (drink, food, etc).

2 comments:

Kyli said...

What an adorable relationship!! Potter is such a good boy! I miss my nephew very much and wish I could be there to see stuff like this! Love you

Brooke said...

That is too cute and I just love how dogs instictually know they are playing with a baby and not an adult. I bet Potter was so nice and loved the new attention!