Monday, November 17, 2008

Update - 12 months

Cael had his one year appointment today and I wanted to give everyone his latest stats as well as an overall update on his progress.

Weight: 26 lbs 5 oz (24 lbs at 9 months)
Height: 31 1/4 inches (29 3/4 inches at 9 months)
Head Circumference: 47.8 (46.8 cm at 9 months)

He is in the 90th percentile for height and weight and the 85th percentile for head circumference. He is a happy, healthy little boy who is right on target in terms of where he should be. We asked about weaning him from the bottle and she said they like to see them completely weaned by 15 months. When we told her that he seemed to get an upset tummy on whole milk she suggested we just give it to him straight (instead of mixing it into his bottle) and see how he did with it that way. Cael charmed her with his infectious giggle and the mischevious gleam in his eye. She did mention that he is in prime temper tantrum territory and we told her that we had already experienced several. We also discussed that he might start using Mom and Dad as a crutch at night so we needed to be more aware of that before we went in to his room to soothe him back to sleep.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Your doctor is so much more useful than mine. We never have those kinds of conversations... just business. Oh well... it's a good thing I have Ginny! ;)

I hope you agree that comparisons are fun: at 1 year Noah weighed 22lb 14oz (51%), was 31.5" (93%) tall, and his head circ was 48cm (90%). He recovered in weight by 15 months (26 lbs). Funny how that works!

Jori said...

I asked a ton of questions. I am sure she was ready to be done with me by the end.
I agree... comparisons are fun!!! It is amazing to me how close they are in their measurements. I guess I just assume Noah would be taller, etc b/c of his Daddy!