Saturday, November 1, 2008

Creeping

This morning, Cael was playing over by the hearth, which normally makes Ryan and I very nervous given it contains all rock (as most do) and can be very rough on a little baby learning how to walk (ESPECIALLY when he falls). However, this time, he pulled himself right up into a standing position and appeared quite comfortable maneuvering himself across the hard surface. At one point, I asked Ryan to put a ball in the corner to see if Cael would 'creep' his way to the other side in order to retrieve it. Not only did he walk, or 'creep', but it was astonishing how quickly he moved. In fact, he moved so quickly from one end to the other that we had to recreate the scene so I could capture it on camera. Our little baby is 'creeping' or, in other words, walking with assistance and we can hardly believe it. It seems like he will be walking all by himself by next week, but we have learned that Cael will do something, whether it be crawling or walking, when he is good and ready.

2 comments:

Edwards trio said...

So cute! I love when they start walking..they just get so proud of themselves. He's adorable. Looks like you survived your trip..good job. =)

Rosanne said...

Oh watch out - he'll be walking by the next time you blink your eyes!! (If he's not already!) :)