Friday, November 14, 2008

Cousins

While we were in Omaha Cael got to see a lot of his cousins - Veronica, Nolan and Makenzi. Even though Cael and Veronica are only separated by 6 weeks and Makenzi and Nolan are older by several years (Nolan will be 12 in a week and Makenzi is 10) watching them interact with each other is still priceless. Cael and Veronica chased each other around the room and played together on the activity center. They are very much still in the exploration phase since they don't really understand the word 'cousin' or how this other little person is any different than the kids at daycare.
Even though Nolan and Makenzi are quite a bit older than Cael they still can't get enough of their baby cousin. They are so good with him and Cael adores them. Cael got a Husker football for his birthday and it was hilarious to watch him actually play catch with Nolan and Makenzi. This is what I love about going back to Omaha. I love watching Cael soak up as much of his family as he can. I love watching him interact with the people that love him. 

1 comments:

Kristin said...

It looks like he had a lot of fun... I like how you put it... "I love watching Cael soak up as much of his family as he can. I love watching him interact with the people that love him." I can see how you'd miss that... there are people, usually family, that love your son from the get-go, not questions asked, they just love him. And that affects how they interact with him. I'm really "getting it" more and more.