Monday, November 24, 2008

If it works......

Every morning I take Cael into daycare and he is in a great mood. He sits calmly and talks or coos all the way in to 'school'. Either that or he takes a cat nap. Picking him up, however, is a completely different story. For the last few weeks he has cried and screamed the whole way home and I am talking about screaming and crying so hard that he loses his voice and chokes on his own tears. I have tried EVERYTHING that I can think of to make him stop. Finally, last week, I started listening to the Spanish channel on the XM radio and lo and behold he fell asleep or at least wasn't screaming at the top of his lungs. I have tried it a couple of times and so far so good. I am not convinced it is the miracle cure, but one of the teachers in his classroom at daycare plays latino and hispanic music and mentioned that he really liked the beat. I have gone the whole gamut from he spends so much time around other people that he needs the noise to fall asleep, that he is upset that I am taking him away from all of his friends (he is a very social little boy) or that he is afraid of all the lights (which at night might not make as much sense) and the only thing I have come up with is that right now playing music on the Spanish channel works and I am sticking with it until something happens otherwise to prove me wrong. I also thought it would be fun to record this for myself so down the road I can read about the things that I did or that worked to pacify my son.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm glad you found something to calm him... it's kinda' funny too!

Anonymous said...

That is sooo cute and funny! Katelyn's favorite was Britney Spears.... :-) "Toxic" and songs that have weird sounds in them.
MISS YOU!!

Kyli said...

OMG that is FUUUNY. Hey, he's social AND cultural! It's so funny that as a mom you will do WHATEVER it takes to make your baby happy during stressful times like driving... or sleeping..... or working..... or taking an important phone call :-)