Sunday, February 7, 2010

Rice cereal

About a week and a half ago we started Aveyn on rice cereal thinking it would help her sleep through the night as she had gone from sleeping through the night to waking sporadically. We figured out later that it was probably caused by the medication she was on for the RSV and ear infection. Regardless, she will be five months next week and it seemed as good of a time as any to start her on baby food. I remember starting Cael on rice cereal and he hated it so we just moved right to the pureed fruits and veggies. He had a voracious appetite (still does) and had no problem transitioning from a liquid diet to one with a bit more texture. Aveyn is following in his footsteps in that she doesn't appear to really like the rice cereal (I have to admit I have tried it and it is not very good at all so can't say I blame her), but in addition she hasn't quite grasped the concept of swallowing, which makes the process somewhat difficult. We feed her once a day and will continue with that until she starts to actually eat as opposed to letting it dribble out of her mouth.

Once again, I know I am totally biased, but she is such a little cutie! She has the most beautiful smile and these gorgeous blue eyes. Combine that with her sweet personality and she is practically perfect!

4 comments:

Mal said...

Awesome! I love how her eyes and mouth sort-of reflect eachother...puzzeled and confused :-) She looks much happier withOUT the goo dribbling out! Anika has her 4 month check up in about 2 weeks - maybe we'll start her soon, too!

Terri(Nana)(mom) said...

Love the pics....They are both growing up so fast....can't wait to see them in April.Love you all

Kristin said...

Those two bottom pictures are absolutely adorable... no bias... she's just DANG CUTE!!! :o)

Kyli said...

What a sweetie! She IS Cael's twin! They are two little cuties!!