It seems that ever since Cael got tubes put in his ears (April 1st) to help combat the numerous ear infections, his vocabulary has taken off. I set out to get a video of him saying all (or most) of the words that he uses on a fairly regular basis and feel I was actually somewhat successful! I obviously didn't get all of the words on tape (I couldn't remember all the words he is currently saying - or trying to say), but I wanted to share the ones that I did manage to get. For water he says 'wah wot' (SOOO cute) and love you is 'wub wu' or some variation. He also says 'dog', 'ow', 'hot', 'mommy', 'daddy', 'nana', 'bapa', 'more' (sounds a lot like mama) and 'juice' (that is all I can think of right now). His favorite words right now are 'no' (which I still find adorable especially when he points his finger at me and says it), 'hot' (my mom taught him about the concept of hot as she was cooking over the stove at our house and now he uses it to describe all things he doesn't think he should be touching) and 'uh oh'. He still uses sign language for 'more', 'all done', 'please' and 'thank you'. In case you can't hear him on the video he says: yeah (uses this ALL the time and it is so cute), no (as you can hear in the video he gets very emphatic with his 'no's and is particularly funny when he points his finger at inanimate objects and says it), uh oh (again, he uses this word all the time even if there hasn't been an 'uh oh'), whoa (my favorite is when we are going over a bumpy road and after we are done he will go 'WHOA'), hi (he has started saying 'hi' and waving to people; both strangers and his parents), bye bye (I would probably consider this his first word), water (we have him enrolled in swimming lessons and he will stand near the pool or see the water and go 'wah wot' or ask for some 'wah wot' when he is thirsty) and love you (he has to be prompted to say this, but it is still cute nonetheless).
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Word Wizard
Posted by Jori at 7/08/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Great post! I love it. He has already changed so much since we were out there!
Love it! Especially how he looked up and smiled when he said Hi. :0)
SOOO CUTE!!!
Post a Comment