With September just around the corner, I have been thinking more and more about Cael and how is going to react to having a little sister. I worry that he will feel abandoned, left out, confused and neglected. I find myself wanting to protect him, to pull him into my arms and reassure him that he will always be my little boy, my little buddy and that I will ALWAYS love him. It is so hard not being able to explain to him what it all means. I feel like the inability to provide him with an explanation means he will be blindsided by the addition of another baby. I realize that Cael is not the first child to become a sibling and that I am probably making a mountain out of a molehill, but I can't help but worry. For almost two years, Cael has been the only child in our lives and soon all of that is going to change. I just want to make sure that he knows how very much he is loved and that having another baby won't change that.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Change
Posted by Jori at 7/16/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment