I was watching TV when Cael grabbed something off of the coffee table and walked away with it. Out of curiosity, I sat up on the couch to see what he had grabbed and where he was going with his new treasure. I discovered that he had grabbed a crumpled up piece of paper off the table (nothing new there), but imagine my surprise when he walked over to the pantry, opened the door and threw the piece of paper AWAY!! I was astonished and immediately commended him on a job well done!!! Now when he is fussy or wants one of us to hold him, we ask him to help us clean up and give him small things that he can throw away. Granted, the other day, he threw away the top to our coffee thermos and has been known to throw his toys in there as well, but we are working with him on that.

He loves helping Mommy and Daddy and is a real asset when it comes time to go grocery shopping (he loves putting stuff in the cart that Mommy and Daddy give him) and to putting our groceries away (pictures coming soon).
He also loves to sweep and it is ADORABLE when he walks around the house with our broom helping us clean up after a meal. I want to buy him a small broom that is easier for him to handle if I can find one! Last night he was getting fussy so Ryan gave him the broom and he was happy as can be to help Dad pick up after dinner (SO FREAKING CUTE)!!!!!! And yes, for those of you who are wondering, we intend to take full advantage of his willingness to do small chores!!





2 comments:
This is a great post! he is turing into quite the little boy. I can't believe how fast he is growing up and how smart he is! I am so excited to see you guys soon.
VERY cute... and so much fun. I'm anxious for the day that the interest in cleaning actually makes something clean.
Post a Comment