All week, the news channels have been forecasting the biggest storm of the season in the middle of April no less. The storm was scheduled to hit on Friday morning and continue for 24 hours straight with anywhere from 10 to 24 inches of snow expected. However, they were unable to say for sure what the outcome was going to be given the unusually warm temperatures, which could mean a lot of rain or a lot of snow. I came into work on Friday morning and although it had snowed over night, it was just a light dusting and I figured we had escaped the worst of it. Everyone in the office was keeping a close eye on the weather, but it appeared as though were going to escape unscathed. However, at approximately 2:45, the weather turned nasty and started dumping snow like crazy with accumulation occuring on the streets in as little as 2 minutes. I immediately left the office and headed to the daycare to pick up Cael. By Saturday at 2:00 (24 hours later), it was still snowing hard and we got about 6-10 inches in our backyard!!! It was officially the biggest storm Denver saw this season. Seriously? In April???
Saturday, April 18, 2009
April 17, 2009
Posted by Jori at 4/18/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
:P Yuck! We're hoping the snow is over here, but aren't holding our breath. However, I'm sure we can safely expect NOT to get 6-10 inches in one day... fingers crossed!
Post a Comment