I remember before we had Cael, Ryan and I swore that we wouldn't end up buying a lot of toys because we had both heard the stories from our parents as well as other parents that babies are entertained by everything BUT their toys. Well, with a room of his very own dedicated to toys and a preference to play with anything and everything having to do with our kitchen, we realize how very true it is. I try to put Cael in his playroom so I can cook dinner, tend to the dogs or just rest my arms, but he won't have anything to do with it and cries for Mommy. However, if I plop him down in front of the freezer and let him pull out the box of Boca burgers to play with, he is immediately pacified and will spend a good ten to twenty minutes pulling them out of the box, examining them, putting them in his mouth and then throwing them on the ground.
Monday, December 8, 2008
So true
A couple of nights ago, he got bored and started throwing a fit. I needed to finish up a few things so I gave him the jar that holds our cooking utensils hoping to entertain him for a few more minutes and he loved it. Honestly, I love watching him examine things with his childish fascination, however lately it doesn't seem like he is exploring so much as he is just being a boy and throwing everything all over the place and generally just making a lot of noise. Either way, when I need him to be occupied, it works for me.
Posted by Jori at 12/08/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Like your title says, it's "so true!" The toys have their uses, but sometimes work better if you hide them for a while, then bring them out like they are something new. However, you can't beat kitchen utensils until they're a little older.
I love the pictures... he looks so much like a little boy and not a baby.
This was a great post! I love how happy he is playing with the simplest things. Save your money on the toys and put it in a college fund for him!
Boca Burgers, huh? See, I knew you'd end up liking them...if not for their nutritional value, the entertainment value :-)
Post a Comment