Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas trip

We had a wonderful Christmas in Park City, UT this year with lots of laughter and food. The cousins interacted quite a bit this trip. Veronica would follow Cael and he would turn around, laugh and continue crawling. They also would 'talk' back and forth echoing each other's sounds. It was adorable. Once again, we were spoiled by the abundance of gifts and had a great time trying to convince the babies that the presents were more interesting than the boxes and the paper. We dressed them up in their warmest clothes and took them outside to play in the snow. This was the first time that Cael didn't just sit there and cry. He loved when Daddy or Bapa pulled him in the sled and at point would not let us take him down from the snow drift we had set him on in order to take some pictures (every time we asked if he wanted 'up' he would just shake his head). He definitely understands the concept of the word 'no'. He isn't talking, but understands 'high five', 'kisses', 'blow kisses' and a myriad of other phrases. It is nice to be able to communicate with him even if he isn't saying anything. He is also becoming quite a little walking machine and improves with each day. Soon enough, his chosen method of transportation will be walking instead of crawling. Kim's son Reid and his daughter Lowell joined us on Friday and it was great watching her interact with the younger kids. She is a doll and has a very sweet disposition, not to mention, being quite the little talker. Some of the things that came out of her mouth were absolutely hilarious!! She definitely made it seem more like Christmas (in a way only children can) with her enthusiasm and energy.It was so much fun to be around my family and to spend time with the people I love. As with every year, I wish we could all be together, but given the distance between us that will probably never work out. I will just have to settle for what I can and be grateful that I have so many wonderful people to call my own.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures!

Brooke said...

These pictures are priceless! I can't figure out what I like more: the two of them crawling behind each other or the one of them on the sled!
So precious.

Kristin said...

I'm so glad you had a great Christmas. I thought of you a lot since you were so close, yet so unavailable. :) I LOVE the picture with your dad between you and your sister and your kids. They are all great, but I also really like the one of your dad and Kim (?) with the kids. And of course the pic of you and Cael outside... I love winter shots!

Kyli said...

I love this post! We did have a great time and it will just get more and more fun every year watching the cousins interact with each other. Miss you!!