Friday, December 12, 2008

Bottle weaning

We have been patiently trying to wean Cael from the bottle for the last couple of months. A few days ago it occurred to me that part of the reason he might not be drinking very much from his sippy cup was because he preferred the taste of the formula to the taste of whole milk. We made the decision to start giving him whole milk in his bottles instead of formula and surprisingly enough, it went really well. He didn't seem to have a problem switching and Ryan and I are thrilled that we don't have to pay for formula anymore. Yesterday, in an attempt to wean him from another bottle, I told the daycare not to give Cael his 8:00 bottle just to see how it went. Imagine my surprise when I went to pick him up and they told me he hadn't had a bottle all day!!!!!!!!!! We are going to take it slow, which means we will continue to supply the daycare with bottles in case he needs one, but it appears that we are on our way to becoming a bottle free household (for now)!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

That is so cool! I wish I could say I understand what you are talking about, but it sounds like a great milestone! I am glad you are doing this blog, so I can come back and read what you did when my time to be a mother is here!

Kristin said...

Congrats! That's awesome.