Monday, May 3, 2010

Peek-a-boo, pushing and more......

It is so much fun watching the relationship between Cael and Aveyn blossom as she becomes more aware of her surroundings and Cael becomes more aware of her. It doesn't hurt that she follows his every move and laughs at his every antic. Recently they have started playing peek-a-boo in the car and it is the cutest thing ever. Cael loves to make her laugh and she loves to accommodate him! The other day the three of us were hanging out in the playroom when Cael decided he wanted to push Aveyn around in his dump truck. He pushed her all over the house (under my close supervision of course) and she loved it. Eventually she started crying, but I assume if I could have made her more comfortable she would have let him push her all night long. I love observing their relationship as it develops and grows. It absolutely warms my heart and makes me want to both laugh and cry. These two kids (and their dad) are my life!

I ended up putting a blanket down in the dump truck hoping that would make it a little bit more comfortable for her. When Cael decided he wanted to push her around on his push toy he covered it up with the blanket first. I thought it was really sweet because he kept trying to take the blanket off of the truck (it was getting in the way of his pushing), but I kept telling him that we had to leave it on so she would be comfortable. I think he picked up on the concept although it didn't work as well on the push toy as it had on the dump truck.

2 comments:

Mal said...

Awesome! My brothers had a Tonka dump truck that I was evidently "driven" around in :-)

Kyli said...

Awwww! Love it! :)