Saturday, May 1, 2010

Cleaning machine

I can't speak for Ryan, but I think it came as a bit of surprise to my parents that I ended up being such a clean freak given that wasn't so much the case when I was younger. I do remember wanting my room to be pristine any time I got something new (i.e. clothes, bedspread, furniture, etc), but other than that my memories are that of a normal kid....messy room, bed never made, clothes everywhere and my parents constantly wanting me to 'clean my room'. Obviously I was a bit older, but it still makes me wonder because on the flip side, Cael seems to be a bit of a neat freak (not sure if all kids go through this phase). He wants a wet paper towel to clean himself up when he eats and insists on cleaning up the table and sometimes the floor once he is done. Now don't get me wrong, he is also quite happy to make a huge mess and leave it for Mommy and Daddy to take care of, but he also exhibits 'Ryan and Jori' behavior in that he likes to be tidy and understands the importance of cleaning up. The other night, he requested his usual wet paper towel, but took it a few steps further when he started cleaning everything in sight - the refrigerator, dishwasher, floor, cupboards, coffee table, oven and even Potter (not kidding) - you get the picture? So I can't help but wonder if this will continue into adult-hood or if this means he is destined to be a slob....guess time will tell. In the meantime, enjoy the pictures (keeping in mind, I didn't capture ALL of the cleaning that took place).

0 comments: