The weather has been a little weird here in Denver lately with snow on May 12th (yes, actual accumulation on our yard) and then again on May 13th (SERIOUSLY?). The weekend promised to be warmer and Ryan and I were intent on getting the kids out for some fresh air. We tried to go on a bike ride yesterday, but it was just a little too chilly so we headed home after making a quick trip around the neighborhood. We attempted another bide ride today, but Aveyn really wasn't enjoying herself so we opted to head up to the park instead.
I love having a park so close to our house because not only does it give us a chance to get some exercise, but it also allows us to meet our some of our neighbors. Today we met Carla and Todd and their yellow lab, Tank (very fitting as this dog was HUGE). We also met Brian, Heather and their three (yes, three) little boys, Liam, Brayden and Declan and their labradoodle, Cinder. Liam is about a month older than Cael so we made plans to get together and let the kids (and the dogs) play.
Aveyn was all dressed up for a bike ride!
I am loving the warmer weather and the chance to socialize with some of the people in our neighborhood. I don't realize how much I miss having other couples to hang out with until I meet people that I wouldn't mind spending more time with and getting to know better. I am looking forward to lots of neighborhood BBQ's, block parties and more trips to the park in the near future!



0 comments:
Post a Comment