Monday, August 10, 2009

Temper tantrum

All weekend, Cael had been running a low grade fever, which meant he wasn't exactly in the best mood and was EXTREMELY sensitive. The littlest thing would send him into a fit of tears or rage. He got back from his swimming lesson and was obviously tired so I started getting lunch ready. He walked into the pantry while I was cooking his food, grabbed a Fiber One bar and handed it to me to open. I told him he couldn't have it because it was hard as a rock and proceeded to throw it away. Oh my, did that set him off. He has thrown fits before, but this was something new and I have to admit it caught me a little off guard. After he threw his shoes at me for the second time, I took him upstairs for a time out. He screamed and cried for about 30 seconds and then climbed out of the chair and squeezed behind it where he laid down and continued with his tantrum. It was just pitiful enough that I found it endearing and started taking pictures. Unfortunately, I don't think Cael thought it was such a great idea.

So this is what a temper tantrum looks like....

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I really don't even know what to say. Poor guy... poor mom! Ugh! That face is just heartbreaking.

Brooke said...

I am sorry, but this makes me laugh. I can only imagine how he was acting...that face says it all! I am sure he will appreciate this post when he is older. Cael, look at what you put your mother through! =)