Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Baby Shower - August 1, 2009

My mom and sister threw me a baby shower this past weekend while we were in Omaha and it was perfect. We played a couple of fun games (but nothing over the top), talked, ate and of course, opened all of my wonderful gifts (or should I say all of Baby Zikas' wonderful gifts)! Thank you to Helen B. (Great Grandma Bezdek), Janie G. (friend of the Zikas family), Brooke J. (friend of mine from high school), Julie M. (Ryan's aunt), Nancy M. (family friend), Linda P. (friend of the Zikas family), Sandy P. (Zikas family friend), Heather S. (friend of mine from high school), Erica Z. (sister in law), Makenzi Z. (niece), Barb Z. (mother in law), Liz Z. (cousin) and of course Kyli G. (my sister) and Terri J. (my mom) for making it the wonderful event that it was. Also, thank you to those who couldn't make the shower, but sent cards and gifts. We can use all the help we can get!! I am eternally grateful to everyone and am blessed to be a part of such a wonderful family and to have such terrific friends!! Some of the gifts included: TONS of cute clothes, a purple Bumbo, bedding, blankets, a Boppy, diapering needs and toys. It was truly humbling to me that everyone took time out of their busy lives to share in the day with me. Thank you again and a special thanks to my sister and mom for hosting the event!!! Now we just have to wait until the newest addition to the family gets here (38 days and counting)!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I had a great time! I am so glad I could make it.

Kristin said...

I just think it's so unfair that your other friends get to SEE you! I'm so used to Brooke and I being the mostly likely to comment on your blog, but she gets to SEE you... just not fair, not fair at all! :o(

I'm glad you had a good time... wish I could've been there!