When I picked Cael up from daycare on Friday, I was told that he had showed an active interest in the potty. He has moved into Toddler 1, which contains a small bathroom (the other rooms that he has been in have not). They really start to focus on potty training in Toddler 2, but will start sooner if the child shows interest. I am both excited and nervous about the prospect of potty training, but have told myself that I am not going to make it into a big deal. Cael will use the toilet when he is ready. He will not be 15 and still peeing in diapers so I see no reason to get worked up about the whole process (HA - we will see). He has been grabbing his diaper lately and Ryan and I are trying to figure out if that is his way of telling us that he has to go to the bathroom. Saturday afternoon, he was grabbing his diaper and I asked him if he needed to use the toilet and he nodded his head and took off for the bathroom. By the time we got there, I could tell he had already done his business, but I still took off his diaper and dumped the contents into the toilet and then flushed while saying 'bye bye poopie'. For the next 10 minutes, he walked around saying (accompanied by a wave) 'bye bye poopie', which I think is both cute and hilarious. This morning I stopped in the bathroom to check my outfit before I headed to work and Cael walked over to the toilet and started waving saying 'bye bye poopie' again although this time it sounded more like he was saying 'bye bye sh-t'. Laugh out loud funny!!!! Stay tuned for more entertaining stories related to potty training as I am sure they will be more and more frequent as we embark on this journey with Cael!
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Wow! I mean, WOW!!! We are considering starting this process with Noah. I just bought training pants and underwear this weekend. That means you are a full year ahead of us! LOL... I'm with you though... I'm not going to make a big deal about it. I have a year until preschool, so I have plenty of time. Good luck!
Post a Comment