A friend of mine recently told me about a Halloween tradition that her neighbor started several years ago while they were living in Omaha. Once she explained the concept I was hooked. We live in a great neighborhood, but everyone is busy and we don't get a lot of time to socialize so any opportunity that allows me to interact is a must.
I started off by scouring Target's $1 section for fun Halloween goodies, which included two buckets, magnetic note pads, picture frames, key chains and LOTS of candy. I assembled the buckets and added the poem and a picture of a ghost from
BeenBoo'ed.com, donned black clothing and then Cael and I, by the light of the moon {and numerous porch lights}, headed towards the two houses I had selected. I was actually quite surprised when I saw a BOO sign already posted on the first house {and here I thought I was the first and only one to think of it}! However, I recovered quickly from the shock and moved onto the next house only to discover that they did not have a doorbell. I literally stood there forever thinking I could magically make one appear, but no such luck. I knocked as loudly as I could and then we ran around the corner of their house and waited breathlessly to see if we would be caught! I didn't hear anything and was worried that they were not going to see the bucket, but upon further inspection I could see that it had been taken inside{whew}. We crept to the next house only to discover that once again they too had already been Boo'ed {seriously people?} so we decided to head up the street to find our next 'victim'. All went smoothly and we escaped unscathed, however, Cael did not understand the concept and kept telling me that he was 'shy' and 'scared', that he wanted to 'go home' and then finally when we got back to the house he kept telling me that we had 'forgotten our pumpkins'!

Cael is still talking about how we couldn't find the doorbell and that we knocked and had to run. LOL, I think our first year of BOO-ing was a success!!! I can honestly say I have learned a lot and by next year I will be a pro -- and will hopefully be able to locate any and all doorbells!!
1 comments:
I remembered getting "booed" in Littleton - I felt so included in a neighborhood where I pretty much just slept because of working during the week and playing on the weekend - good for you! I don't think we'll get "booed" anytime soon out here.... :-(
Post a Comment