Monday, September 13, 2010

Update {Aveyn} - 12 months

Aveyn had her 12 month appointment today and I wanted to update everyone on her stats and overall progress:

Weight: 19 lbs 5 oz {17 lbs 4.8 oz at nine months}
Height: 29 1/2 inches {28 1/4 inches at nine months}
Head Circumference: 46.5 cm {45.7 cm at nine months}

She is in the 25th percentile for weight, 70th percentile for height and 85th percentile for HC. The appointment went really well since she is now doing all of the things {and more} that they had asked about at her 9 month appointment. We were eventually told by our doctor that the questions they ask are geared more towards a 12 month old {um, then why do you ask them about a 9 MONTH OLD}. It doesn't matter because the PA {physician's assistant} that examined Aveyn at her nine month appointment was not our regular PA. All I care about is what our doctor and PA have to say and they think that Aveyn is perfect {funny....so do we}. Anyway, we talked about weaning her from the bottle and although Aveyn is not overly attached to the bottle, she has yet to grasp the concept of the sippy cup and does not take in nearly enough to replace what she gets from the bottle. She is on whole milk, which is a nice break for our pocket book and had no problems transitioning. Currently, Aveyn only has two teeth, but Dr. Connie assured me this is normal and we will probably start to see more teeth forming soon. She got three shots including the flu shot and WAS NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. With Cael we always had a bottle ready to give to him after his shots, but it took a lot of planning and was stressful. Either way it doesn't seem to matter because when this little girl is upset she doesn't want anything to do with any of her normal comforts {Mommy, pacifier, toys} and prefers to scream/cry until she has gotten it all out of her system. She actually swats or bats things away and if you hand her something she will throw it on the ground as if to say 'I am upset and CANNOT be pacified'! Aveyn still has issues with bowel movements and once again, it was suggested that we give her pear juice or prune juice. We have tried, but have been unsuccessful in the past. Poor little girl, it breaks your heart watching her try to pass a stubborn stool {I think most women can relate - unfortunately}!
I am amazed at how different Cael and Aveyn are both in personality and their stats that it amuses me to provide Cael's 'measurements' for comparison!

Weight: 26 lbs 5 oz
Height: 31 1/4 inches
Head Circumference: 47.8 cm

1 comments:

Kristin said...

So much fun! We're about to leave for Daniel's 2-year appt. And just like you I like to compare his results with Noah's at the same age. It's just interesting for some reason! I've already measured Daniel at home and he comes in almost a full inch taller than Noah... it will be interesting to see if the doctor gets the same results. Aveyn is a a doll! I love the pictures you shared. Great expressions! I've never taken pictures at the doctor before... until today! :)