For the last few days I have been researching cameras trying to figure out the best purchase for our family. I loved our other camera, but it had some features that drove me crazy (namely it took FOREVER to take a picture - i.e. digital camera lag) so I set out to find the 'perfect' camera! I am not a professional photographer nor will I ever be. I am merely looking for something to help me capture our life so that we never forget (and so other people don't either) the many wonderful memories we shared. I did numerous searches on Google and was actually overwhelmed by the amount of information out there on digital cameras. Finally, I decided to go the Consumer Reports route and went with their 'recommended' pick - the Panasonic Lumix DMC FP8! Truth be told, I really wanted the red one (or better yet violet - not sold in US), but it was about $50 more expensive and it wasn't worth it to me to spend more just to have a pretty color. I should have my new camera later this week and I can't wait to try it out!!!
For those who really care, here is what Consumer Reports had to say about my new friend:
'This thin subcompact is not only highly rated in image quality and performance, but has some intriguing design features, including a non-telescoping zoom lens and control buttons that light up, which can be useful in low-light situations. The camera has very good image quality, producing images with very good sharpness and little noise. It performs very well in next-shot delay and first-shot delay, both of which are short, and it has very good dynamic range, which allows this camera to shoot photos in a variety of shooting situations. This Lumix also includes an output for HDTV, as well as wide-angle capabilities, useful for landscapes and group portraits.'
I am seriously so excited that I can hardly stand myself. I had to pay extra money to get it here as soon as possible. Who knows what cute things the kids will do and now I will be ready to capture it with my new camera!! Woohoo!!!




0 comments:
Post a Comment