Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day - 2010

Ryan is not only a great husband, but he is a WONDERFUL father. He changes diapers, cuddles, reads, sings, plays and is truly the best daddy these kids (and I) could ask for. Not only is he great with the kids, but he treats me like his best friend, his partner, his equal and I love him for it. He still opens doors for me, listens when I need to bend his ear, tells me I am beautiful, helps with the laundry, does dishes, mows the yard, all in addition to being very hands on with our kids. He is extremely dedicated to his family and would do just about anything to make us happy. He isn't perfect (who is), but he is close)! He slept in on Sunday (Father's Day), went to the driving range, then we ran some errands and finished the evening with a dip at the pool. I thought it was a great day and hopefully he did too. The kids got him a gift card to Coldstone (he LOVES ice cream) and I got him some vodka that he loves (Russian Standard) and a gift card to Home Depot. Once the kids were asleep we sat on the back porch, enjoyed a glass (or two) of wine, a cigar (Ryan) and spent the rest of the evening talking about Ed. We both got emotional, but it felt good to talk about him and reminisce about everything we remember about him as a father, grandpa and husband. It was a great day.

0 comments: