Ryan and I planned a quick weekend trip to Omaha to visit our family (and hopefully squeeze in some time with friends as well). We were eagerly anticipating the weekend, but not looking forward to the short trip (lots of traveling = very little 'quality' time). Our flight was supposed to leave Denver at 7:10 pm, but given the foul weather (tornado warnings) we were anticipating a bit of a delay. However, when I checked our flight status on the way to the airport I don't think we were prepared for the two hour delay as the flight was now scheduled to take off at 9:07. We discussed going back to the house and waiting, but worried that things would change; the weather would get better and we would end up missing our flight. We arrived at the airport and headed to the gate only to discover the flight had been delayed again and was now scheduled to depart at 9:28. At this point, I am frustrated (it was already going to be a short enough trip) and worried about the kids. I was ready to just bag the whole trip, but Ryan wanted to stick it out given we would lose the tickets and money if we just skipped the flight. We were hanging out at the gate when they updated the departure time again: we were now scheduled to leave at 10:41. What?? Forget it!



1 comments:
Wow! I'm so sorry... I hope the weekend made it all worth it.
Post a Comment