This year we celebrated Easter in style (as opposed to previous years where Ryan and I have skated by doing nothing to commemorate the holiday)! For one, we were in Florida, which never hurts when it comes to celebrating anything (great weather, warm breezes, ocean sounds and lots of wonderful sun) and for two; Gam and Bapa put in a special order with the Easter Bunny for lots of candy, toys and fun. We started off the day with an easter egg hunt. Cael found all of his eggs (with a little help from the adults) and even had a special visitor, Max, a golden retriever from down the street who sniffed out a couple of eggs for Cael and even took a refreshing dip in the pool.
After the hunt, everyone put on their Sunday best and we headed up to the Ocean Club for another easter egg hunt (we arrived too late to participate), a petting zoo and a delicious brunch. Cael had fun petting all the different animals; the goat, the pig, the chickens, the chicks, the ducklings and the soft bunny rabbit (I felt sorry for the animals and am not sure we will be participating in too many more 'petting zoos' in the future ~ but that is another story for a different day). Aveyn had fun letting the breeze ruffle her hair and having people comment on how pretty she was. As always she was a sweet little baby and hardly made a peep the entire time (I am still not sure why God blessed me with two sweet babies, but I am VERY, very lucky and thank Him every day).
After we got home, Cael and Daddy went swimming while Mommy and Gam took a bike ride around the neighborhood. I managed to fall off my bike and bang up my head and hip pretty good, but it wasn't a bad enough fall to shorten our ride. It was truly a great Easter and one that will set the standard for all Easter's in the future (which means no more just letting the holiday pass without an easter egg hunt and CHOCOLATE)!
Cael had refused to take a nap all day and we knew at some point he was going to crash and crash hard. Ryan and Kim went to the driving range and Dad took a nap. I thought Cael might lay down with Bapa, but was way too hyper so I turned on a movie for him while I fed Aveyn. When I came back from changing her diaper I found Cael passed out on the couch where I had left him only minutes before (always a sign of a good day in my book)!
Happy Easter from our family to yours!!!



1 comments:
It looks like ton of fun. You look gorgeous, as usual! And I absolutely love the tuckered out Cael on the couch. So cute!
Post a Comment