Sunday, April 11, 2010

The beach at Orchid Point

Going to the beach is always a highly anticipated event when we go to Florida and this trip was no different. We knew Aveyn wasn't going to get much out of the excursions, but we had to take her at least once for the photo opportunities. For the most part, Aveyn enjoyed the experience, but at one point it got to be too much and she fell asleep in Mommy's arms after about 45 minutes of laying and kicking on a towel on the sand. She looked absolutely adorable in her hat and surfer girl swimsuit! I can't wait for next year when she can actually play in the ocean and sand.

Cael had a blast flying a kite with Bapa and destroying every sand castle that Daddy tried to build. Cael would be playing somewhere else and spot Ryan attempting to build a castle. He would immediately walk over and start kicking, climbing and throwing until the castle was completely destroyed (poor Daddy ~ all he really wanted to do was build a sand castle). This year Cael wasn't very fond of the water and only went in when Daddy wanted to clean off all the sand. He was much happier playing on the beach and flying his kite.
As always, a special thank you to Kim for capturing some really great pictures with her camera. She manages to take the cutest pictures with the best expressions!!! Thanks Kim!!

3 comments:

kim johnson said...

You're welcome! Truly my pleasure!

Kyli said...

Yes great pictures! Gotta love babies on the beach pics :) Okay I know I said it before but I have the CUTEST niece and nephew ever!!!!!!

Rosanne said...

Looks like so much fun! I love the picture of Cael by the pole and the one of Aveyn playing with her feet on the towel in the sand. ;)