Aveyn has been sick with RSV and an ear infection for over a week and Ryan and I have been juggling our schedules in order to keep her out of daycare. The burden of care has fallen to Ryan as I was needed at work, however, on Friday he had to go in so I took Aveyn to work with me. Not exactly an ideal situation, but given the extenuating circumstances, we didn't have much of a choice. There were plenty of people willing to watch her starting with Julie (a fellow RA). Julie fed her so I could approve a few things and then took her into her office to play. They must have played hard because Aveyn fell asleep on Julie's chest while she typed out e-mails with one hand.
My co-workers are amazing people and were so good with her. Alison closed her door and was content to put Aveyn on her lap where she cooed and talked to her until it was time to get back to work. Andy read her a story and Laura took her on a tour of the office and introduced her to everyone. She wanted to keep Aveyn in her office while she worked, but Aveyn started screaming and it was back to Mommy's office for a bottle and a cat nap.
She ended up spending 6 hours at work with me and overall it was a pretty good experience. She did so good and was such a good baby. Although it is not something I hope to do anytime soon, it is nice to know that it is an option should the need arise again.



2 comments:
I love the picture of Aveyn on Julie's chest... priceless! You are fortunate to have such great coworkers... I'm so glad you are loving it there!
Looks like she had some fun, despite the RSV. Poor baby. Hope she is finally feeling better!
Post a Comment