Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Haiti

I don't think anyone has been able to turn on their TV or stand in line at the grocery store without hearing horror stories of what is going on in Haiti. It breaks my heart seeing and hearing about all of these children who are being sent to orphanages because their parents are either dead or missing. If it weren't for the fact that having another child would force me to stay at home, I would honestly consider adopting one of the orphans. It has touched me that much. Maybe it is because I am now a mom and pictures of their sweet little faces are just too much for me to bear. A co-worker (who was also thinking about adopting) and I were talking and she did some research and was told that rather than take these kids out of Haiti, their homeland and comfort zone, it would make more sense to donate money to make their country a better one. That makes perfect sense to me and I will be looking into the cause (Save the Children)!

0 comments: