Thursday, January 21, 2010

Workout time

So in my attempt to make this more of a family blog I thought I would do a post about yours truly. Nothing major, but I have made a commitment to get back into shape. We are going to Florida in April and I am in a wedding in August and my goal is to be 15 pounds lighter and to really tone up! I am also going to attempt to become a runner (i.e. someone who runs and likes it). I hate running, but I think it is a great way to get into shape so I am going to give it a shot. I was actually talking to a woman who is a personal trainer and when she found out that I really like to swim she suggested I do a triathalon. HA HA nooooo way! Not this girl. I think people who do triathoalons are amazing and also just slightly nuts!! So, for the next 6 months I am going to work out three times a week for sure and then try to squeeze in some type of workout at least once on the weekend! Wish me luck!!!! I'll post updates. Not so sure about pictures (unless I just look absolutely amazing), but I will find a way to at least make it semi-interesting for those of you who actually read the blog!

4 comments:

Mal said...

Have you thought about doing a team triathlon? Maybe we could do one together...I LOVE biking and would be interested in doing a team with you! Let me know - it would be a blast!
- Mal

Kristin said...

You go girl! Please do keep updating. I want to hear all about it!

Rosanne said...

Good luck! Maybe checking out your progress will inspire me. ;) Cause I need to get back to working out too.

Brooke said...

Hey, I am not crazy! :) J/K. I only did it once and it WAS crazy. Keep up the good work!