Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Trip to Omaha - October 2009

Since I am on maternity leave and Ryan had a hunting trip planned with my dad and Chris I decided to go back to Omaha for a couple of weeks with the kids to visit our friends and family. The one thing I didn't account for was how difficult it would be to keep Cael occupied. He is used to having so much to do at daycare that it was a challenge, but we did what we could. Kyli brought Veronica over a couple of times and Ed and Barb took him to Mahoney State Park one afternoon to play with Nolan and Sandy and Dave's grandkids. He played with Nana's cats, we went to the mall to play on the indoor playground, watched Nana play tennis and Brooke also came to visit (not to mention playing in the cardboard house Nana made). All in all we managed to keep him busy and having fun although at times it was difficult.

Ryan flew into town the last weekend I was there and we moved to his parents house to spend some time with the whole Zikas clan. Stefani had also flew into town so it was a full house and a lot of fun!! We went over to Tim and Erica's for a little bit and Cael was entertained playing with Nolan, Makenzi and Aunt Stefani while Aveyn slept, ate or was cuddled by Grandma. Sunday night everyone came out to Ed and Barb's and we ordered pizza, watched a little tv and hung out. It was really nice to have everyone together (my mom, Chris, Kyli and Veronica came out too) and Cael had a blast playing with his cousins.

1 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow! It looks like you had loads of fun. I can NOT believe how grown up Cael is looking. It makes me sad that we are so far apart.